Eight Things You Should Do When Your Computer is Misbehaving
Before you pick up that screwdriver and download one of the mini-guides you should read over these 8 tips on what to do when things start going badly.
- Step 1 – Don’t Ignore Problems
Admit something is wrong with your computer. You can’t fix it if you keep overlooking the situation.
- Step 2 – Don’t Panic
Don’t let your “feelings” carry you away. Anger, aggravation and confusion are normal when your computer goes bad. Take a deep breath and relax.
- Step 3 – A Positive Attitude Helps
A good mental attitude will help more than you will believe. Stay positive – stay focused.
- Step 4 – Find Out What’s Happened
Try and remember what was happening at the time your machine went bad. And write it down – else how will you remember it?
- Step 5 – Identify and Isolate the Problem
Without doing this properly all your repair efforts will be wasted.
- Step 6 – Learn how to troubleshoot
Use the Troubleshooting checklists to narrow down and determine what went wrong.
- Step 7 – Reinstall, Reconfigure or Replace
The only three things you ever have to do to repair any computer.
- Step 8 – Test, Test And Then Test Some More
Before you close the case and throw away the receipt, power up and test everything! Testing keeps down the frustration levels.